Rationalizing the Irrational!

Sunday, March 7, 2010

 

Well....here we go!
3.5lbs down this week!

It was a very funny week.Had a couple days off, one sick the other due to a PD day at work. Had my CPR training updated as well. I think it was a nice break that came just in time to maintain my sanity! I took the entire week off from the ass kickings at the Brick House gym. I really needed that. As it is I still slept 13 hours last night! 

I meet with a good friend this week who gave me a book called "The Passion Test". She knows that I have been struggling trying to figure myself and I guess more specifically my path out these days and she felt it would help. I had some time to kill this past Friday and was sitting in what has become my favorite Starbucks as of late reading. I had the good fortune of snagging one of the "comfy" chairs. It was late in the afternoon and the place was packed. Oddly enough the 2 comfy chairs were empty! I sat in one and was reading for probably 20 minutes or so when an older very well dressed gentleman approached me and asked if the other chair was occupied or if I was saving it for someone. I of course said it's all yours. After about 5 minutes he interrupted me and asked what book I was reading. I of course told him! He smiled and said he had read a book just like the one in my hands about 30 years ago. He said a friend had given him the book and had informed him that it had changed his life. She told him that he should give it a read. He did....the book was about finding out what is important in your life, listing them in priority and then working towards them. Oddly enough it was the same premise of the book I was holding. He told me that he went on to form his own COO for hire business and worked as a consultant for companies like IBM & Xerox. He had listed his priorities and worked toward them 30 years ago and it worked for him. With that advice he was gone. 

His name was James and we shook hands as he left. He wished me luck in my journey. I think that things happen at certain times in your life to test you, to guide you both to and from things. There certainly seems to be a higher power out there looking out for me. This little 30 minute chat with a complete stranger was just what I needed to  get my head back into the game. After our chat all I could do was sit there and say "WOW" (to myself of course!) I haven't had too many "spooky" things happen to me, but this one's right up there!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment