Rationalizing the Irrational!

Saturday, February 13, 2010

It's all about the caloric deficit!



Down 3.5lbs! (total: 10lbs over the last 2 weeks) Hard work and effort really pays off. I have been very conscience of proper nutrition and water intake. I have also made it my mission to drink at least 3 cups of green tea a day and one grapefruit. (more on that later!)

I have learned a TON of things that you should do and many things you should not do when it comes to feeding the animal! There are many people who will start up an exercise program and give up after a few weeks....because it's not "working"! What many people forget to address is the nutritional component of exercise.

I feel that it is imperative to create a caloric deficit in order to lose weight. It's not enough to just go to the gym, go for a run or push some weights....you must be mindful of what you put in your mouth. I remember many years ago I was on a weight loss program and found it to be very good...but it allowed you "bonus" food if you worked out. To me (knowing what I now know) this is absolutely counter productive if your goal is to become more fit. Everyone needs to know what their basil metabolic rate is and eat accordingly based upon their activity levels and their fitness goals. This is the key to fueling your body properly!

SPEAKING of properly fueling your body....this is an interesting read about grapefruit and green tea!

One last note....there is no easy way to lose weight. It takes planning, hard work and commitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment