Rationalizing the Irrational!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A new look!

It's been a long time since I've posted. There has been so much going on the last 6 months I'm not sure where to start! So I think a bullet list is in order:

  • Had a great family trip out to Victoria Island last summer
  • Finished the Square Lake 1/2 Ironman triathlon (swore I'd never do it again!)
  • Tested for and was admitted to an IT program at Red River College (programming/networking)
  • got a new puppy from the Human Society (Carter called her "Haley"!!)
  • Took a leave of absence from my job at Ralph Brown School to attend RRC
  • Decided I hated IT after about 6 weeks despite great marks!
  • Did some soul searching and came to the conclusion I should be a teacher - even though it will take 3+ years
  • Thanked my lucky stars I have such a wonderful wife!!!
  • Developed a funny itch for golf again.....
  • Went back to work at Ralph Brown School
OK now you're up to speed...busy past few months!



Haley Chudley



 Square Lake 1/2 Ironman...
2km swim - 56:07 (Great!)
90km bike - 3:15:53 (very good!)
21.1km run - 2:40:03 (awful!)

Glad that's over! I have a feeling that this part of my life is complete...I may run some smaller events, but like I said above I have developed the itch to golf again.


I plan on documenting my progress in school, golf and life as we go. Check back soon.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Scott, I checked out your blog, great job! One thing I did not know - is that you have been planning to become a teacher! That's fantastic. You will be a natural (already are). All the best...are you planning to study and keep up with us at RB, or just study?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lydia!

    Thanks for stopping by! I've kind of kept the teacher thing quiet around the school. (guess blogging about it doesn't really classify as keeping it quiet!) Here's my plan: due to me being a psychology major in my previous degree, the first order of business is to get a teachable major. I met with an adviser a couple of weeks back at U of M...we determined that I need 21 credit hours to apply for the faculty of ED. I need 3 hours math/stats, 12 hours History, 6 hours English Lit. This will get me a History teachable. I will start intersession courses this summer and work over next winter at RB while taking night courses to get my teachable credits. Next February I will apply for the Faculty of ED....(hopefully get in!)...and start the 2 year program full time September 2012. My plan is to go into the early years stream. (not that the stream really matters once you graduate...take what you can get, right!) This is the plan I've committed to. I'll keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a marathon of another sort! Excellent goals, and it's great to set your sights on the worthwhile cause of teaching and guiding lives. It won't be easy, but I'm sure that "keeping your eyes on the prize" will help you a lot (have you heard that old classic by Mavis Staples?), not to mention your supportive family and dare I say staff at school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, I guess I just posted accidentally under Lyle's account, but that was me, although he does like golf and would support you too :-)

    ReplyDelete