Rationalizing the Irrational!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

If only I had hair to pull out!



Most of you know I have taken the past 4 years completely off golf. I was having fun checking off other goals from my bucket list...3 full marathons and 2 half ironman triathlons! BUT, here I am back at the door step of golf again and I am the most excited I've ever been to play. (literally, that is not an overstatement!) Jackie looks at me and laughs because I'm like a little kid again!!!

I had coffee with a really good golfing buddy yesterday. He's stuck with me over the past few years, despite all the excuses why I didn't want to come out and golf. He was telling me that this time last year they were on the golf course. (this time last year I was building my base mileage and doing speed training!) I can't help but think that this is mother nature and old man golf's way of  punishing me for my departure from the game the past few years!!

Every soul in the Red River Valley and the Dakotas know that we are in for another flood of the century this spring. When winter hit last year there was an abundance of water laying pretty much everywhere. Once the spring thaw hits...we'll be a mess. On a personal note that means no golf for at least another month...(don't get me wrong the fact that many people stand to loose their homes in the flood is way more important right now.) This slow start is just a minor blip on my long term goal reaching radar.

No comments:

Post a Comment