Rationalizing the Irrational!

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Just as I suspected!

Round one of the year is in the bank. The score was dismal...80! I was expecting to have an awful short game and that was precisely what I had!! I had one 3 putt, one 1 putt, and sixteen 2 putts! When I missed a green I had trouble finding my chipping weight...hence all the 2 putts. Other stats:


Fairways: 10/14 hit - very solid anytime of year.
Greens in Regulation: 9/18 - AWFUL!!!
Putts: 36 - not very good....definitely need to be under 30 or under per round.


Overall: I am not to displeased. I had a whack of pars, an eagle opportunity, many realistic birdie chances. I had about 5 holes where normally I would easily get up and down but my chipping was not sharp at all....leaving me a longer than ideal putts for par. Sadly, I also made 2 double bogeys. All said and done I am very pleased with my ball striking especially off the tee. Today Jackie, Carter and I are going to practice....I think it will be full swing practice for the most part, the greens at my practice course are not very consistent yet. I plan on throwing in a lot of pitching 100 yard and in. I had a few shots of that length....and I had no feel (YET!).

No comments:

Post a Comment