Rationalizing the Irrational!

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Can't Speak....



Well the forecast was right, we had a nice little dump of snow last night. What can you do! I went over to Golf Central this morning and hit 100 balls. Once the swing was warmed up I was hitting it great. I keep having some minor difficulty with finding the perfect left hand position (as mentioned in a previous blog post - "Stoke the Fire"). When I do find it...the ball flight is awesome, high and straight. I have also decided to return to wearing a golf glove. My last few years as a golf pro saw me move away from wearing a glove. This was due to my zero practice habit! Since I need to dig my game out of the dirt again it's a good idea to wear one!

I have also been waffling on whether or not to get some new irons. I don't really need them, but it is my 40th birthday coming up and I think new irons would kind of symbolize a new era for me. You know...out with the old, in with the new! I have been very interested in getting set up with a custom set of KZG Tour Evolutions. My current irons are old Callaway X-14 pro series, (4-PW)...nothing wrong with them (although I have changed the shafts out 2 times!). I just think it would be nice to start this new journey off with some fresh gear.

Some of the gear that I can't see changing are my forged Callaway wedge set (50, 54, 58 degree) I have perfect distance control and spin with these, plus I love the swing weight (D4). I also have a Titleist 905 driver and a relatively old Taylor Made 300 pro 3 wood which will never (???) leave my bag! Two Srixon hybrids (18 & 21 degree) make appearances in the bag from time to time depending upon course set ups, wind and par 3 lengths. My flat stick is a Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Mid-Sur belly putter cut down to 33"...I have never putt bad with this putter - SERIOUSLY! I have used a long putter also known as a "broom stick" putter in the past (2000 - 2002)...quite successfully I might add! I think if I made any change other than the irons, it would be back to a long putter. Not that my Scotty is a bad putter or my stroke with the Scotty is bad but long putters are just plain old deadly from 5 feet and in. We'll sit on that one for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment