Rationalizing the Irrational!

Monday, July 18, 2011

Golf Weekend

With both Jackie and Haley away for the weekend, the boys went golf crazy!

Friday Carter and I played Harbour View in the AM, then The Meadows in the PM. Saturday we played Steinbach Fly-In Course (27 holes!) Then on Sunday I played Granite Hills while Carter visited with Nana and Grampa Chudley.

The weather was hot and sticky, the golf was actually very good. My ball striking off the tee is out standing...it's the best it's ever been. My iron play is solid...not perfect but solid. Where I am struggling is around the greens. If I miss a green I am having trouble getting the ball up and down. My chipping is not very sharp. I end up having 5-6 footers for pars. While I do manage to make many of them, missing them means a bogey! The focus of my practice will be on the short game the next while. When you don't play/practice much this is the one area of your game that suffers. I am very confident that I will get the feel for the short shots perfected again, it will just take some work.

This week I have to finish a history paper (due Friday). Other than that, Carter and I will be out at the course (probably everyday!) working on our chipping and putting. We may do the beach one day. Next weekend we are camping at Falcon with some friends, should be fun!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice that you and Carter could spend some time together golfing. Well played!

    ReplyDelete