Rationalizing the Irrational!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tired...so tired!



Week one of P90X is in the bag! I feel a little stronger up top...which is encouraging. I'm working on getting rid of my neck! (hahaha) Jackie and I have been trying to get up at 5am to do our workouts but It seems we hit snooze until 5:30 then sit on the deck drinking coffee until 6:30! What can you do...quality time! I've been getting my workouts in usually in the afternoon and Jackie is tearing it out in the evenings. (yeah us!)

The KONA is in the bike shop getting some much needed TLC...new chain, new rear cogs cluster, new bar tape and BRAKES! So I am stuck commuting to university on the old TREK mountain bike...I just need a turret and I could be a tank. On the positive side, it's a good leg workout.

Running has been strong. Haley and I went 10km on Sunday and I managed to tweak my left calf when Haley decided to swerve hard left to see some golden retrievers. I should have seen it coming...my fault! It was at about the 9.5km point and I was just cruising nicely not really paying as much attention as I should. You see running with a dog is much more interactive than just hitting the road and turning your mind off (which I can do very well!) It seems you must spot things like fences, poles, bunnies and other dogs before your partner does! I let my guard down and bang...sore calf. We are going to start slowly upping our weekly mileage over the next couple of weeks so in anticipation I went out and bought Haley a backpack! She will have to hydrate along the way, now she can carry her own water and fold-able dish, not to mention poop bags! I have to post some pics of her in it...she looks pretty tough!
Saw "Transformers - Dark of the Moon" (3D) today with Carter, it was....OK. Not as good as the original. Very violent...and very 3D.

I should be getting an English paper and test back tonight. Fingers are crossed!

That's it for now,
SC

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a good running partner! You might want to check with your vet to make sure those distances (and temps) are ok with your breed of dog. My wife used to work at a vets office and not all dogs are built for running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mike! I've considered this...Haley is a Border Collie Retriever X...She has a ton of NRG!
    (More than me!!)

    ReplyDelete